[LAU] transform midi Control Change 7 into velocity events?

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Sat Nov 22 18:31:22 EST 2008

On Saturday 22 November 2008 13:33:25 Philippe Hezaine wrote:
> Dominic Sacré a écrit :
> > You probably need to disable "MIDI Thru Routing" in Rosegarden,
> > otherwise connecting Rg -> mididings -> Rg creates a MIDI feedback
> > loop, and Rosegarden doesn't like that...
>
> Unfortunatly it doesn't matter. I've tried different options and the
> results are the same.

I don't know then. Maybe talk to the Rosegarden guys? I'm sure this must be
possible somehow (it works for me, after all).

> For information, after a loop session in Rsgd,
> when i quit (Ctrl-C) mididings i get this message:
>
> /home/phil/python/mididings-CC7-to-velocity.py
> ^Cpython: /usr/include/boost/shared_ptr.hpp:315: T*
> boost::shared_ptr<T>::operator->() const [with T = Backend]: Assertion
> `px != 0' failed.
> Abandon

Thanks, I uploaded a new version of mididings today that fixes this bug. If
it doesn't, please let me know. This is not relevant to the feedback loop
issue though.

> >> 1) You could see a little latency in the attacks.
> >
> > You're using JACK transport to synchronize Rg and Muse?
>
> Yes. And i've tried the recording in reverse order: Muse -> Rg. The
> results are completely different. But i'm not sure it's a valuable
> information. Perhaps i must check out my rtc configuration before.

There was a bug in JACK transport that could cause an offset of one period.
It's supposedly fixed in recent versions (svn), but maybe there's still
something wrong in Muse or Rosegarden.

Cheers,

Dominic