[LAU] Asus EEE 1000 as new softsynth?

Tracey Hytry shakti at bayarea.net
Sun Nov 23 15:59:32 EST 2008

On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 02:27:31 -0800
Ken Restivo <ken at restivo.org> wrote:

> I've purchased a new Asus EEE 1000 PC, and I love this thing.

I'm glad you like your new toy !

Now that no one has responded to your question about kernels;

The best I can say is to check out what Fernando is cooking up in the CCRMA fry pan.  He's been putting a lot of time into trying to get a decent kernel about the 2.6.24.xx into the stew that doesn't leave that bad latency taste.  I'm currently running Fernando's Ingo's 2.6.26.8-1.rt11.2.fc9.ccrma.x86_64.rt flavoured variety and it seems stable so far within fedora9 (which until most recently has a tendency to boil out of it's pan).

I haven't gotten a chance to put the above through real good audio taste test yet;  so if someone who has could please speak up about it's palatability?