[LAU] transform midi Control Change 7 into velocity events?

Dominic Sacré dominic.sacre at gmx.de
Mon Nov 24 10:43:35 EST 2008

On Sunday 23 November 2008 18:33:17 Philippe Hezaine wrote:
> How do you uninstall the previous version? Is there some special way?

Usually when you install a new version to the same prefix, the old files
will simply be overwritten.
To make sure the old version is really gone, you can go to the package
directory (something like /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages) and remove the
mididings directory and the file _mididings.so.

> And perhaps my first install is not clean. I've all built in /usr/local
> and only kept a copy of the examples in my /home which is the one with
> the execution rights. Right?

Sounds alright.

By the way, try mididings-20081123. Reading and writing MIDI files turned
out to be much easier than I expected (thanks to libsmf), so I quickly
added support for processing MIDI files directly. It's not pretty and needs
more testing, but I tried it on your Merengue and it seems to do the right
thing (keeping all metadata intact).

Support for libsmf must be enabled explicitly at compile time
(./setup.py build --enable-smf).
You can use it by replacing the run() function with process_file():

process_file('infile.mid', 'outfile.mid', Call(Volume2Velocity()))

Cheers,

Dominic