[LAU] HDMI ?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:07:40 EST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 9:56 AM, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I looked up some information regarding HDMI. The new notebook has an
> HDMI port, I wondered if anyone here has any experience using such a port.
>
> Best,
>
> dp

Using it here but not under Linux. Clearer video when gaming at
1600x1200. Requires he right port on your monitor which I suspect you
have on your new one.

Folks on the Gentoo lists have talked about it a bit. I suspect it's
mostly a hardware issue that is recognized by the graphics adapter
when you attach the right cable but that's just a guess. It was a
non-issue under windows. Just changed cables and the system acted like
nothing had changed except the picture was a bit better.

Hope this helps,
Mark wishing he could build Ardour 2.7