[LAU] korg + timidity + rosegarden via jack

robert lazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 21:34:51 EST 2008

Hi all,

I have the latest rosegarden (RG) connected to my korg oasys via a
midisport 2x2 just fine. However, RG doesn't have a piano roll UI like
timidity does - which I use to learn complex piano pieces that don't
have sheet music, My goal: route the midi out of RG to both my korg
and timidity simultaneously. Is that possible?

I'm a jack newbie, but via QJackCtl I was able to take this screenshot
showing my alsa connections:

http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_alsa.png
http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_audio.png

The "midi" pane in the connections window is blank. I started timidity
with "-Oj" , but don't hava timidity in the alsa pane. Here's a
scrrenshot of my options to add an output socket:

http://braziloutsource.com/random/jack_output_socket.png

Any ideas?
Robert