[LAU] eee and supercollider3

andrea mariquelli andreamariquelli at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 26 05:21:58 EST 2008

Dear Linux fellows,
Could I ask you something about ASUS EEE and Supercollider3?
i have tried to install supercollider on my 701 xandros advanced
but something doesn't work, this is the screen of the console:

 eeepc-user:/root> jackstart: cannot get realtime capabilities, current capabilities are:
            =ep cap_setpcap-ep
     probably running under a kernel with capabilities disabled,
     a suitable kernel would have printed something like "=eip"

 back from read, ret = 1 errno == Success
 jackstart: could not give capabilities: Operation not permitted
 jackd 0.101.1
 Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
 jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

 `default' server already active

 what's the meaning of this?

Thanks a lot!