[LAU] automated recording / processing / encoding to mp3

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Wed Nov 26 12:22:32 EST 2008

Hi!
   A bit more about ecasound. You can use it for recording, compressing, DC
removal and normalising. You could use it for mp3-encoding, but I'd suggest
lame directly.
   Recording:
ecasound -i input -o output -t:time_to_run
   or:
ecasound -c -i input -o output
   (start/stop interactively, using t and s.)
ecasound -i output.wav -o tmp.wav
-eli:LADSPA_ID,param1,param2,param3,...,paramN
ecafixdc tmp.wav
ecanormalize tmp.wav

   For good lame-options see:
lame --longhelp
   Ideas on the script: make it accept one parameter: something to identify the
talk you're recording, number them, take a time and day combination. If you're
system's running the hole time, you can use the PID of the script is stored in
$$. For readability you might add a line like:
PID="$$"
   And then later use $PID.
   use simple read statements for the special tagging:
read -p "Enter Speakers name: " SPEAKER_NAME
read -p "Enter short lecture title: " LECTURE_TITLE
   Then again use $SPEAKERNAME for later reference.
   I haven't done quite the same thing, but rather similar ones. If you like
this idea and have more questions about some specifics, you can mail me in
private.
   But I guess you'll get something more on that.
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net