[LAU] video <> sound synchronization

Thomas Fisher thomasfisher at ak.net
Sat Nov 29 18:45:15 EST 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008 07:12:20 am Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Dragan Noveski wrote:
> > Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I've a dvd here with someone who is giving a presentation. But the
> >> sound and video are not well synchronized (e.g. the mouth moves, the
> >> sounds  comes behind).
> >>
> >> How can I fix this? With which apps?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance,
> >>
> >> \r
> >
> > mplayer can do this.
> >
> > cheers,
> > doc
>
> Do you know how? I can't find it.

  This is probably the result during the filming. Google on {Jay Rose) who is
a audio engineer and gives a lot of very good free info aand is the author of
some good books.
  Cinelerra is a very powerful video editor in which the audio and the video
can be adjusted. Probably the audio track will need to be separated from the
video track. Mencoder and ffmpeg may be of use. Anticipate a steep learning
curve.
  Tom