[LAU] Standalone mixer.

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Wed Oct 1 09:46:00 EDT 2008

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:23:38 +0200
Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-10-01 at 16:20 +0400, alex stone wrote:
> > Evening all.
> >
> > I'm searching for a standalone mixer to work with jack, so i can route
> > some bits through it. Any number of channel strips would be ok, but
> > the bigger the better.
>
> ardour with no tracks and N busses?
>
> :)

What he said :)

Sure, I know that there are other mix applications out there, but I've
had occasion to need a mixing app, and Ardour is already installed and
I'm very familiar with it.

Plus I figured I'd hit record just for the heck of it, even though I
hadn't been asked to do any recording, just help out with the live sound.
Afterwards, a couple of people said "Wow, I wish we had recorded this
evening's performance, it was pretty good."  I was able to look like
quite the hero!

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com