[LAU] e-piano

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Wed Oct 1 09:54:45 EDT 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:27:42 -0400
Allan Wind <allan_wind at lifeintegrity.com> wrote:

> On 2008-08-20T15:37:54, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> > I finally came around to test at least some e-pianos in a local
> > shop. From those tried in the price range, the yamaha p85 appears
> > to have the nicest keys and sound. It just doesn't have much else
> > and is rather expensive (I can get it for 640 Euro new).
>
> You might want to look at S90ES (I have a S90) which has similar nice
> keys and sound with many more features.  It seemed a better value to
> me than the P90 that I initially got.  Yamaha has portable stage
> piano as well, but I do not recall the model number.
>
> > The M-Audio prokeys 88 is a bit cheaper and has some more keyboard
> > functionality, but I also don't know how good the keys are in
> > comparison.
>
> I did not like the keys on the M-Audio at all.  You may want to check
> out Roland and Kurzweil as well if you can.
>

> /Allan

Thanks for all the help so far.
Now it's getting serious.
I think I'll get something along the lines of Yamaha P85, Casio PX-120
or Korg SP-250. They appear pretty similar to me, I couldn't test the
casio yet.
Any recommendation?

And the main reason for this message:
It's possible to get three pedals for the Casio and the Yamaha, for The
Korg there's only the sustain pedal.

My question is:
When and for what will I need the other pedals?

I'm just
starting to learn piano but I plan to play a bit unusual music as well
(Schoenberg, etc.).
Thanks again.
Best regards,
	Philipp