[LAU] six channel output sound card recommendation

Jozef Henzl popcorp86 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:26:20 EDT 2008

Hello,
i'm developing some software for company i'm working in, for playing back the
recordings of a telephone calls, radio transmissions and stuff. The
application obviously uses jack audio server and is running on a SuSE 10.3.
Audio has to be played back to the six separate mono outputs, and i am
searching for a sound card supported by a jack. The card should be PCI or
USB. I don't need a hardware mix, and the sound quality can be low, as a
recordings are did in a 4 or 8 kHz  - no sound card can make the output worse
i think :)
I've found m-audio 2496 to be fairly reasonable, but i'm wondering if some of
inputs can be configured as an output.

thanks,
--
Jozef Henzl