[LAU] six channel output sound card recommendation

dani ambulatore at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 06:53:01 EDT 2008

Jozef Henzl escribió:
> Hello,
> i'm developing some software for company i'm working in, for playing back the
> recordings of a telephone calls, radio transmissions and stuff. The
> application obviously uses jack audio server and is running on a SuSE 10.3.
> Audio has to be played back to the six separate mono outputs, and i am
> searching for a sound card supported by a jack. The card should be PCI or
> USB. I don't need a hardware mix, and the sound quality can be low, as a
> recordings are did in a 4 or 8 kHz  - no sound card can make the output worse
> i think :)
> I've found m-audio 2496 to be fairly reasonable, but i'm wondering if some of
> inputs can be configured as an output.
>
> thanks,

hi, i have an old soundcard: "terratec phase usb 26" , it works ok with
Jack and it has 6 rca outputs, it works OK , i made some music using the
6 outputs with this soundcard and no problem at all
the price is just around 100 euros and i think terratec have a similar
pci model (im not sure, you should check )
hope this helps!
dani