[LAU] uPnP Client in Linux

Matt Henley nwmatt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 12:58:55 EDT 2008

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire One Netbook.  I am running the Ubuntu
8.10 beta on it and have most things working (sound from the speakers is
very low.. but it works).  I also have MediaTomb server running on my main
computer that serves songs to my mp101 scattered around the house.  Instead
of mounting a share and importing the songs into Rhythmbox or Amarok I would
just like to connect my netbook (when I am at home) to my uPnP server (I
dont have to keep mediatomb).  So far I have not found much information on
what programs can do this.
I did load python-coherence via apt based on RhythmBox documentation but it
didnt seem to see my server and I found no documentation.

Any suggestions?

Matt