[LAU] MIDI players

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Sat Oct 11 12:41:23 EDT 2008

> That's why I didn't mention Qtractor: because Bob wants as simple a
> program as possible and mentioned RoseGarden as overkill.
>
> However, my suggestion (timidity) won't suit his needs either perhaps,
> because there may be no way in timidity to send the MIDI data itself to
> an external tone-generator or synth instead of converting the MIDI data
> into WAV audio. Sorry, Bob. :-)

Yeah, timidity doesn't support "real" synths. Qtractor, I don't know
about ... but, probably overkill.

Again, the kmid program would be just fine if it didn't distort to the
external synth. Anyone happen to have any ideas about why it might be
doing that?

--
  **** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca