[LAU] Simple, easy multithreaded circular buffer library for Linux?

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Tue Oct 14 03:24:44 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-13 at 22:44 -0700, Ken Restivo wrote:

> By the way, I know that JACK has a very nice event buffer which is insanely easy to use (and I have), and makes multithreading almost transparent, but this isn't a JACK app.

The JACK header jack_ringbuffer.h has no dependencies on any other JACK
headers. You can copy it and reuse it. If you want to rename the data
types, then sed -e '/jack/ken/g' < jack_ringbuffer.h > ken_ringbuffer.h
should pretty much take care of it.

Keep in mind that the ringbuffer model is limited to a
single-reader/single-writer.

--p