[LAU] file browser in qtractor?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Tue Oct 14 09:47:43 EDT 2008

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to have a file browser in Qtractor like you have in
> energyxt or lmms?
>
> In qtractor I only see the files which I have added as track or midi.
>
> Wouldn't it be useful if I have a browser so I can easily pick out some
> samples from my 'samples' directory, some midi files from my 'midi'
> directory, saved project files etc. ?

yeah, i've thought about having one and adding it is pretty easy in fact
(Qt has a drop in solution for just that:). however, i always concluded
it was about adding yet another file browser to the bloat :)

take note that you can always use whatever your favorite file manager /
browser is and drag-and-drop external files into qtractor (eg. from your
'samples' directory) provided it supports a dnd protocol of course. this
is the most obvious reason why there's no file browser in qtractor: you
can use your own, which i'm certainly will be the fittest to purpose.

i'll reconsider though, if demand gets overwhelming ;)

cheers.
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org