[LAU] dssi/linuxsampler etc support in Qtractor?

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Oct 15 05:58:38 EDT 2008

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:

>>> Uh....maybe somthing like Rosegarden has it?
>>>
>> and what do you think is wrong with qtractor's?
>>
>> under qtractor, dssi plugins are treated as any other plugin (ladspa,
>> vst). however as an instrument plugin (dssi, vsti) it only makes sense
>> when inserted in a midi track, of course.
>>
>> additionally, you can chain the instrument audio audio output through
>> other fx plugins in-place. that's why you get to insert audio plugins
>> (ladspa, vst) in a midi track. ah, you can even have multiple
>> instrument plugins in a midi track, but remember that only the last
>> active one will have an audible audio output ;)
>>
>> as said, you can select the midi program/instrument while in the track
>> properties dialog where you can choose which to assign from a
>> drop-down list. this is provided even without you firing up the
>> plugins gui, which will work as well btw :)
>>
>> maybe i'm missing your point, you tell me
> When I start Hexter for example on the normal way (not as plugin) I see
> what instrument belongs to what program no. . That's also the case in
> Rosegarden. I doesn't see that as I open it in qtractor...

when you open/insert a plugin in qtractor you'll see the generic
plugin form. plugins that implement their own gui most certainly will
have this generic form empty, that is, with no sliders to tweak plugin
parameters. if then you wish to launch the plugin dedicated gui (if one
is provided) you'll have to go through the "Edit" button or respective
context menu item. there you'll see some particular option to
select instrument programs and that should be the case for hexter as
well, probably (i'm not sure, can't confirm atm.)

again in qtractor, you can select the instrument/program without going
through the gui editor. while in track properties you can do that
exactly as you would do for any other midi instrument (eg. outboard
hardware) for which you have a cakewalk instrument definition file
setup. otoh, instrument plugins provide its own midi program map, no
need for a .ins definition file ;)

> Maybe that's my point and maybe giving the program no names will improve
> things..(?)

no names? now i've missed it, again :/

> BTW. are you planning to support LASH with your great apps?

yes, i have that plan in some dusty shelf. still waiting for this new
lash generation :P

cheers
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela