[LAU] problems using rosegarden, amsynth, and hydrogen

andy baxter andy at earthsong.free-online.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 09:45:38 EDT 2008

hello,

I'm trying to write a track using rosegarden as the sequencer, hydrogen
as a drum machine, and amsynth as a softsynth. I have written a tune in
rosegarden, and connected its midi output to amsynth. The audio from
amsynth then goes through tapiir using jack and then to the sound card.
I also have hydrogen running at the same time, using the jack transport
to sync the two. Everything works OK when I'm making tunes in the matrix
editor and then playing them, but if I try to add a track by recording
from vmpk into rosegarden, it produces a repetitive deep bass sound
through amsynth. (I checked that if you turn down amsynth the sound
disappears.) This only happens when hydrogen is playing as well - if I
take hydrogen off jack transport, then the sound disappears.

Any thoughts on what's going on here?

Thanks,

andy baxter.