[LAU] Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 help?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Fri Oct 17 11:39:17 EDT 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008, porl sheean wrote:

> couple of quick questions:
>
> have you got jack running 'ok' with any interface previously, or is
> this your first attempt at setting up linux/jack audio?

   I'm a newbie, yes.  Before buying this, I was able to start jack with
the alsa driver, and make a recording with ardour from the laptop's
built-in microphone.

> what are the command line options/jack settings etc you are using?
   I'm starting it with jackctl, here's the command line that it appears to
have generated:

/usr/bin/jackd -R -P89 -dfirewire -r44100 -p1024 -n3

(My entire jackd log is posted as an attachment to ticked #140 on the
ffado.org tracker)

> also, what firewire chipset are you using? i had one chipset that just
> wouldn't work at all with the saffire, but after changing it over for
> another everything was perfect.

   The laptop's built-in firewire port usesa VIA controller.  Also on that
ticket are posted the output of lshw and ffado-diag on my system.

I also have a firewire-equipped desktop, but that box is currently running
without a gui and only 256M of RAM.  When my newegg order arrives, I'll
certainly give it a try there as well.

--
Rick Green

                                   -Benjamin Franklin