[LAU] Simple, easy multithreaded circular buffer library for Linux?

hermann meyer brummer- at web.de
Fri Oct 17 12:10:46 EDT 2008

Am Freitag, den 17.10.2008, 16:39 +0200 schrieb Olivier Guilyardi:

> Here's how to run the test:
>
> svn co http://svn.samalyse.com/misc/rbtest
> cd rbtest
> make test
>
> It tests the ringbuffers from (all included) jack, portaudio and portaudio
> without barriers. That can take up to 6 minutes. It has to be a bit long due to
> the probabilistic nature of failures.
>
> LAUsers could you please run this test on various architectures? Especially
> PowerPC single-cpu and SMP, x86 single-cpu, SMP, in various flavors, etc...
>
> Cheers,

CPU Info        Pentium III (Coppermine) 256 KB cache flags( - ) clocked
at [ 870.022 MHz ]

gcc -Wall -I. -I./jack -lpthread -o test-int-array-jack \
		test-int-array.c jack/ringbuffer.c
gcc -Wall -I. -I./portaudio -lpthread -o test-int-array-portaudio \
		test-int-array.c portaudio/ringbuffer.c portaudio/pa_ringbuffer.c
gcc -Wall -I. -I./portaudio -lpthread -o
test-int-array-portaudio-nobarrier \
		-DNO_MEMORY_BARRIER \
		test-int-array.c portaudio/ringbuffer.c portaudio/pa_ringbuffer.c
./alltests.sh
Starting ringbuffer tests (buffer size: 512)

=== Jack ringbuffer test ===
starting ringbuffer stress test (2 minutes max)
buffer size (bytes): 512
array size (bytes): 256
reader started on cpu 0
writer started on cpu: 0
Success

=== Portaudio ringbuffer test ===
starting ringbuffer stress test (2 minutes max)
buffer size (bytes): 512
array size (bytes): 256
reader started on cpu 0
writer started on cpu: 0
Success

=== Portaudio ringbuffer test (without memory barriers) ===
starting ringbuffer stress test (2 minutes max)
buffer size (bytes): 512
array size (bytes): 256
reader started on cpu 0
writer started on cpu: 0