[LAU] a2jmidid issues

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 23:23:50 EDT 2008

Well as you all can tell from the recent posts, I'm trying to play
catch-up on everything I've missed in the Linux audio world.  ;)

My problem tonight is with a2jmidid.  (Note:  I am *not* running an RT
kernel just yet.  Don't know if this has anything to do with
anything.)

I start jack w/ qjackctl and attempt to run a2jmidid.  This is my output:

JACK MIDI <-> ALSA sequencer MIDI bridge, version 4 (128) built on Wed
Dec 31 18:00:00 1969
Copyright 2006,2007 Dmitry S. Baikov
Copyright 2007,2008 Nedko Arnaudov

Bridge starting...
Using JACK server 'default'
Hardware ports will not be exported.
port created: Midi Through (capture): Midi Through Port 0
port created: Midi Through (playback): Midi Through Port 0
Bridge started
process 15004: arguments to dbus_connection_send() were incorrect,
assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line
3087.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
ERROR: a2j_dbus_signal: Ran out of memory trying to queue signal
process 15004: arguments to dbus_connection_flush() were incorrect,
assertion "connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line
3378.
This is normally a bug in some application using the D-Bus library.
Press ctrl-c to stop the bridge

To be frank, I don't have the first clue as to what is going on here.
Can anyone give me some troubleshooting tips to help solve the
problem?

Debian Lenny, jackd version 1.109.2

I'm sure there's a lot of information I should be providing here, but
again, I have no idea what I'm doing, so feel free to beat me over the
head with a jack midi port.  ;)

--
Josh Lawrence
http://hardbop200.blogspot.com