[LAU] Audacity jack connections issue

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 04:55:51 EDT 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM, Christopher Stamper
> <christopherstamper at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 4:56 AM, Grammostola Rosea
>> <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A few months ago there was a discussion on this list about the
>>> management of jack connections in Audacity. It makes and close jack
>>> connections on play/stop, that should be on application startup and
>>> shutdown.
>>>
>> I'd be interested to know why Audacity does this, before voting.

I don't think they want you to press record, then hit pause, make the
jack connections you want and then you're ready to record.... It's a bad
thing...

You can vote now at this place:

http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Feature_Requests#Other_recording_enhancements

/(Linux)/ *Full support for sound servers* such as:

    * JACK <http://jackaudio.org/>, so that digital output such as
      streaming audio can be received from other programs (5 votes). See
      JACK and Audacity issues
      <http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Linux_Issues#JACK>.