[LAU] [OT] first computer ?

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Fri Oct 31 11:13:47 EDT 2008

On 31 October 2008 at 10:47, Dave Phillips <dlphillips at woh.rr.com> wrote:

> What was your first computer ?

DEC PDP/8.  First computer that I made music with was a Texas
Instrument model, much like the Vic-20.  I supposed I also
programmed assembly code into an Intel 8085 development station
to play the theme from "Close Encounters...".  The first computer
I did any serious music with was a Pentium I running Redhat 4.0.

> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked you
> into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

SoX was the first music program that got me really excited.  That
was very long ago, sometime in the mid to late 1980s.  SoX was also
the back-end part of my first serious music adventure, which used
SoundStudio as its front-end.  I mastered an entire CD using that
combination back in 1999.

It was soooo much easier to work with Ardour last night on my
dual-core Athlon. :-)

--
Kevin