[LAU] [OT] first computer ?

plutek-infinity plutek at infinity.net
Fri Oct 31 11:10:42 EDT 2008

>On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:47:05AM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:
>
>> What was your first computer ?

a KIM-1, in the late 70's.

>> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked you
>> into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

the TEXTURE midi sequencer. yep... DOS and an MPU-401, running on an XT clone, around 1984.

one time recently we were at my dad's place, and he still had an old DOS machine up and running. my son took one look at the screen and immediately pronounced it just about the coolest thing he had ever seen.

cheers!

--
.pltk.