[LAU] [OT] first computer ?

Crypto crypto at online.de
Fri Oct 31 11:23:30 EDT 2008

On Friday 31 October 2008 10:47, Dave Phillips wrote:

> What was your first computer ?

I used to have a Commodore CBM720 but that was not really useful for making
music, though I did some POKE SI+... on it.

My first computer truely useful for making music was an ATARI 520 STFM w/
512kB RAM.

> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked you
> into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

EZ Track lite made by Hybrids Art (or so). The sequencer did not even have a
rewind button, one had to play everything in a single take  ;-)

BTW: Does anyone remember the famous SPEAKTEX.TOS program used in so many
music productions? Would love to have something like it running on linux...

Crypto.