[LAU] [OT] first computer ?

Darren Landrum darren.landrum at sbcglobal.net
Fri Oct 31 11:36:58 EDT 2008

Dave Phillips wrote:
> What was your first computer ?

Commodore VIC-20. I remember playing Scott Adams' various text adventure
games on it. I also remember having a game cartridge called "Raid on
Fort Knox" which involved stealing gold while avoiding guard panthers.
I'll bet you didn't know they used those at Fort Knox. :-)

> What was the first music/sound software you used that really hooked you
> into this making-music-with-computers fad ?

I can't remember its name, but it was a basic notation editor running on
Windows 95, back when it was a brand new OS. After that, I got into
using Impulse Tracker 2.04, and then a stopped for quite a long time.
Quite recently, though, the music-making bug struck again, and now I'm here.

-- Darren