[LAU] [OT] first computer ?

Rob lau at kudla.org
Fri Oct 31 15:32:44 EDT 2008

On Friday 31 October 2008 15:21, Sean Corbett wrote:
> This was going to be my exact response!  I have to admit to
> occasionally loading it up just to listen to the demo songs.

I have some xmms plugin that lets me do that, if I remember right, but
yeah, what a great sound chip that was.

> (yes, i still have my C64... three of them, actually :)

Sold my c128, and one of my c64s bit the dust, but its successor still
lives in my parents' basement about a hundred miles from me.

Others have mentioned the Amiga, and I got a lot done with Music-X, but the
most productive tool chain I ever used was Digital Orchestrator under
Windows 95 with my Gravis Ultrasound PnP for real-time sound and Timidity
to render the tracks digitally for overdubs.  (It sucked for the actual
overdub process, though, and when I was running Windows, Cool Edit was not
great for that yet either.)

Rob