[LAU] convert sd2 to wav

Clemens Ladisch cladisch at fastmail.net
Wed Sep 3 07:16:12 EDT 2008

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Is there a tool that'll allow me to convert a file in sd2 format to wav
> in linux? I tried sox, audacity and mhwaveedit, but this is a brand new
> install, so maybe I need to install some codeces...

Any program using libsndfile (e.g., Ardour) should be able to read it,
as long as the data and resource forks of the original Macintosh file
are correctly represented.

If you have just the data fork, you can treat it as a big-endian raw
file, if you know the sample rate, bit depth and number of channels.

HTH
Clemens