[LAU] convert sd2 to wav

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Wed Sep 3 07:30:01 EDT 2008

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> Is there a tool that'll allow me to convert a file in sd2 format to wav
> in linux? I tried sox, audacity and mhwaveedit, but this is a brand new
> install, so maybe I need to install some codeces...

On the command line, sndfile-convert should do it. Audacity and mhwaveedit
use libsndfile so they should (assuming their file open model allows it) also
be able to read the file as long as you have the file's resource fork. See:

    http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/FAQ.html#Q013

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"I have found that Big Design Up Front environments attract people who
want to talk about software development, while iterative environments
attract people who want to develop software. Is it any surpise that in
companies where BDUF is predominant, nobody wants to stoop to coding?
Everyone wants to be an 'architect' or a 'Business Analyst' or a
'Product Manager'." -- Reg Braithwaite