[LAU] Linux-audio-user Digest, Vol 19, Issue 9

Martin Horn martin.horn at ostec.org
Wed Sep 10 07:01:58 EDT 2008

Hi,

I don't know if such a thing exists for the linux audio world, but to get
the effect of an exciter you basically need multiband dynamics. That is a
compressor/ expander that works in multiple frequency bands which are
separated by crossovers. You can even build it up yourself from single EQ
and compressor plugins. Thats why I think there is no need to write an
exciter plugin especially because there are a lot of exciters on the market
which all cause different effects.

Greetz
Martin