[LAU] howto use effects (LADSPA, LV2...)

Rui Nuno Capela rncbc at rncbc.org
Wed Sep 10 10:12:55 EDT 2008

Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
>> Grammostola Rosea wrote:
>>
>>> I want to learn to add effects on my tracks in qtracktor or ardour.
>>> Where can I find information about how to create the best effects?
>>>
>> Check with the two ears on your head.  :)
>>
>> Seriously, you'll have to experiment with various effects to learn 1)
>> what they do and 2) whether they're really what you want. Some of the
>> more common effects include reverb, chorus, and EQ. You'll want to learn
>> about the dynamics effects too (compression, limiting).
>>
>> It takes a lot of time and effort to learn the details of digital audio
>> production, and most of that time/effort will go into actually just
>> *listening* to what the various effects do to your recorded sounds.
>>
>> You can also analyze some of your favorite music to ascertain what kind
>> of effects are used there, then try to recreate the same effect on your
>> recordings.
>>

> Mmhhh yes ok, I'm gonna listen a lot ;)
> Maybe I should take a look at the presets of some jack-racks...
>
> Is it by the way possible to have a track in qtractor (the guitar for
> example) and just route that track or channel (not the drums etc) in
> jack-rack.... or if this to complicated when you use qsynth or
> linuxsampler for the sounds?

re. qtractor: did you notice that audio effects are applied through
track plugins, ladspa, dssi or native vst? in a nutshell track plugins
perform the very same purpose of a stand alone jack-rack instance.

anyway, this is not that a novel concept: ardour, rosegarden, muse, all
do offer this rack-like plugin capabilities.

byee
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc at rncbc.org