[LAU] howto use effects (LADSPA, LV2...)

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Sep 10 12:51:53 EDT 2008

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 10. September 2008 schrieb Cassiel:
> In ardour:
> put reverb/delay/flanger/phaser on a separate bus and route signal flow
> with a send from your track to the fx bus, NEVER put those fxs on inserts,
> otherwise you will lose the dry signal... not good at all

Not exactly right. You will certainly want to apply the same acoustics to
several tracks to get a good composition of the space. But it is also
possible to have a delay in one track only for that track. And most
(room-)effects provide a wet-dry-control so you have the original signal too.

Sometimes its even good to have guitar-amp/distortion on a send instead of
having them as insert. That way you can add distorted signal to the dry one.
Heck, even Mark Knopfler does that on his guitars...

After all, one rule applies: If it sounds right, its right!

Have fun,

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/