[LAU] [ANN] Virtual MIDI Piano Keyboard 0.1.1

Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:42:25 EDT 2008

On Friday, September 12, 2008, hermann meyer wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 10.09.2008, 23:29 +0200 schrieb Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Saturday, September 6, 2008, hermann meyer wrote:
> > > Nice, now vmpk is fast enough. :)
> > > One more sugestion I have, could you make it posible that vampk dont
> > > loose the mouse event when I move the mouse out of the widget with the
> > > button pressed ?
> >
> > I think that you are asking for a feature usually named "mouse grabbing".
> > It is very common, and not difficult to implement. For instance, when you
> > click on a knob, the value is changed when you keep the mouse button
> > pressed and move the cursor up/down or left/right even outside the
> > widget. On the other hand, I don't see the advantage of mouse grabbing
> > for the piano keys. Can you please explain an use case where this feature
> > is needed ?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Pedro
>
> To make it more clear, I mean the way vkeybd make it. Dont only grab the
> mouse, I mean play the note when I enter the widget and stop to play
> when I leave the widget, play when I enter, stop when . . . . . So it
> isn't mouse grabbing at all.

Ah, it has more sense now for me. Yes, I also like the way vkeybd handles the
mouse. It is much nicer than a simple mouse grabbing, and I would like to
implement this behavior in vmpk.

I've opened a feature request (tracker item) in SF for this issue:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2107732&group_id=236429&atid=1100310

Please feel free to add comments, or add new feature requests if you wish. And
thanks again for reviewing the program and for your feedback.

Regards,
Pedro