[LAU] Linux audio course Rotterdam

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 12:50:42 EDT 2008

Brad Fuller wrote:
> Sheesss....
> First,  I think asking for money for what you do and asking for help
> on this forum is ok. but 350E seems a lot.
>
> 2nd, Fons gives MUCH MORE than he takes. I learn loads from him. He's
> a valuable resource on this and other forums!
>

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Tinco Andringa <mail at tinco.nl> wrote:
>
>> So, since your name implies you make a living doing audio work with linux
>> too, we should be charging you a fee when you ask something too?
>>
>> He's not saying from now on he asks money for help, he's just offering a
>> service to people living near Rotterdam to have a regular help program, why
>> shouldn't he be able to ask money for it?
>>
>> Isn't the goal of this list to help people to use linux audio
>> professionally?
>>

>>> Next time Mr. Moors asks for help on this list
>>> I'll charge my usual consultancy fee.
>>>
>>> Ciao,
>>>
>>> --
>>> FA
>>>
>>> Laboratorio di Acustica ed Elettroacustica
>>> Parma, Italia
>>>
>>> O tu, che porte, correndo si ?
>>> E guerra e morte !

First: we post our answers not at the top on the list is it?

Second. A course can give the use of linux audio a 'boost'. We talked
about the fact that it is not always easy for at least newbies to find
your way in linux audio. Many people get lost and give up...

So a course would be a very good thing in my view! :)

Third: When you give a course it cost you: time, traveling costs
(Brussels > R'dam) organization, making a course book (and copy it?) and
linux audio usage, educational and presentation skills.... that could
deserve some money....

And I think it's free to make money out of GNU software... and we're
free to join or not.

But I agree also with all what Brad Fuller says.... and I think 350
euro's is not cheap at all.... (!)

Regards,