[LAU] Exciter / Enhancer Plugin [WAS:] Linux-audio-user?Digest , Vol 19, Issue 9

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Fri Sep 12 14:44:22 EDT 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008 13:38:48 Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 12:21:43PM -0500, Reuben Martin wrote:
> > > Signals of different frequencies cam't ever cancel each other.
> >
> > No, but they can seriously mangle one another in an undesirable
> > manner.
>
> Mangle ? How ?

Can't you just listen and see? (I don't know that I could. I may try a bit
later.) You seem to want theory while he seems to be giving hands on answers.
(I would like the theoretical answers myself, but they may not be on the way.
Have you done the practical side and still don't see what he is getting at?)

> If the channel following the harmonic generator,
> i.e. after the exciter plugin, is linear then this can't happen.
>
> Ciao,

all the best,

drew