[LAU] Linux audio course Rotterdam

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Fri Sep 12 14:47:57 EDT 2008

On Friday 12 September 2008 14:13:51 Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 07:22:41PM +0200, Pieter Palmers wrote:
> > For comparison: in the government subsidized culture center in my city
> > they offer an introductory Cubase course of 5x2.5hrs for 135eur. Do the
> > math. (Note that participants have the option to BUY Cubase -50%...).
>
> 350 Euro is around what I payed for 200 hours
> of Portuguese evening classes.
>
> :-) :-) :-) Beware of the Dutch ! They
>
> even sell sand to the Arabs. :-) :-) :-)

Back in the late 80s or early 90s, I used to give gratis computer classes at
my home on Saturday mornings. Often I would turn down boat outings and other
nice activities to teach the classes only to sit at home and have no one show
and no one call to cancel.

I decided that if I were ever to offer such gratis classes in the future,
students would have to pay a good amount for the course in advance and get
refunds for every class they attended and were on time for. By the end of the
course they would have received a full refund if they respected my time. If
not, I would have been paid for my time.

> Ciao,

all the best,

drew