[LAU] Fw: Latest -rt kernel with working nvidia

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:35:25 EDT 2008

Back on Tuesday 16 September 2008, Norval Watson was like:
> Might have spoken too soon re 2.6.26-5-rt9 kernel..
>
> Yesterday "seemed to be OK"
> Today definitely not OK -
> - midi connection probs
> - apps crashing and freezing and then resisting all attempts to "kill" and
> "killall"
>
> [...]
>
> So again I wonder what is the latest rt kernel that works with audio ie.
> jack, midi etc and can be compiled with nvidia's driver? Otherwise I go
> back to 2.6.23, grab old pkgs from somewhere and recompile - but I hate
> going backwards!

Can't speak to your midi problems or crashing. But I'm using a 2.6.26 rt
kernel along with nvidia drive without any issues. (Actually it's the most
stable rt kernel I've had in quite a long time) I did have to do a bit of
patching to the nvidia driver to get it to build against the rt sources
though.

-Reuben