[LAU] Yamaha Disklavier Pro grand piano

Stephen Doonan stephen.doonan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 11:46:31 EDT 2008

Wolfgang Woehl wrote:
> May I ask whether you are aware of the regretful fact that the reverb
> renders your soundfont unusable for most, if not all people?
>
> Wolfgang

If I am not mistaken, the reverb was added only to the audio produced by
the soundfont via an insert or post-processing, and is not part of the
soundfont itself. The reverb was added just for the sake of the demo
music recorded using the soundfont.

Even if the reverb was built into the soundfont, it would be easy for
anyone to remove by editing a copy of the soundfont (using the soundfont
editor swami, for example) and removing any reverb, chorus or other effects.

I'm sorry, Roberto, for jumping into your thread in this manner. ;-)

Steve