[LAU] Yamaha Disklavier Pro grand piano

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Sep 17 08:44:39 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2008 schrieb Roberto Gordo Saez:
> In short: for political reasons, my pedantic/philosophical point
> of view forbids me to use linuxsampler. For technical reasons,
> I would prefer to use the gig format, though.

If you want to be ideologically clear, you _have to_ use a free format. Both
gig and sf2 where invented as proprietary formats. I think the only real free
alternative is something like specimen...

Otherwise I believe gig is considered the more professional format. And might
make your soundfonts popular in the Mac/Win world too.
(I don't think many professional studios like the soundformat of the amateur
soundblaster for professional productions.)

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---