[LAU] Yamaha Disklavier Pro grand piano

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Sep 18 03:44:06 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 17. September 2008 schrieb Roberto Gordo Saez:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 09:54:45PM +0200, Arnold Krille wrote:
> > Well, I am not a lawyer. A while back I tried to get a lawyers opinion to
> > making some source open source but that lead to three different answer
> > (from that one guy) so I waited until I was not employed there anymore
> > but still working on that project...
> > But what I learned is: You need to state the copyright-holders of each
> > file in the file. Otherwise it definitely gets lost (it can still "get
> > lost" but that leads to legal action). And you should state the license.
> Hmmm... I suggest you to find another lawyers, seriously!!! please do!

Well, I kind of got a new lawyer. As I said I am still working on the same
(university) project writing the same code, but before I was paid by an
external research institute (who collaborate with the university on this
project) and he had so many things he wanted to check, that I waited until I
wasn't paid by them anymore but by the university itself. And then my Prof.
(the project-leader) and I decided to make the software  open source las we
had intended from the very beginning...

And the source-files state the project with its collaborationists as
copyright-holder, the names of the people working on it and a clear statement
that its licensed under (L)GPLv3 and the license-text is in the tarball.
Should be okay...

Have fun,

Arnold
--