[LAU] Re: loop speeding in sample level accuracy

Jari Suominen jari.suominen at helsinki.fi
Thu Sep 18 16:57:09 EDT 2008

Kjetil S. Matheussen kirjoitti:

> Jari Suominen:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to search a program (with no success) that could used for
>> speeding up an audio file to a certain length. I mean, I would have a
>> audio file that has 40000 samples, and I would need it to be 40010. And
>> the pitch of the file can/should change. All speed change stuff that I
>> have found will take semitones/cents/procents as a input parameter. I
>> would wan't to only input the exact length (in samples) that I need.
>>
>> My purpose is basically make bunch of files that are loopable and have
>> equal length with each other.
>>
>> Does this thing exist or do I have to make it myself?
>>

> libresample outputs the exact number of frames
> (http://www.mega-nerd.com/SRC/api_simple.html), but
> unfortunately the included command line app,
> sndfile-resample, only takes a rate/amount argument.

This looks interesting. But it seems that it needs the ratio also
(according to the api documentation) and takes in *maximum* number of
frames. Which probably means that it might leave some frames unused or
trim couple out. This is quite interesting library anyways as it uses
more sophisticated algorithms than SoX. And the site also has
interesting material (though yet unfinished) about rate conversions.

Thanks!

.....j