[LAU] Bug in Aconnectgui?

Crypto crypto at online.de
Sun Sep 21 08:46:05 EDT 2008

Hi,

there is a GUI tool named Aconnectgui. I use it for connecting MIDI ports to
and between MIDI applications that connect to the ALSA sound system and MIDI
ports.

It seems there is a bug:

Step 1:
Run Aconnectgui.

Step 2:
Run fluidsynth -a alsa --midi-channels=48

This will start up fluidsynth and fluidsynth will create three virtual MIDI
port (instances) that will show up in the Aconnectgui tool.

Step 3:
enter "quit" in fluidsynth. The MIDI IN ports of fluidsynth are closed and
deleted in Aconnectgui.

Step 4:
Run fluidsynth again as in step 2. BUG: Aconnectgui will only display the
first of the three MIDI IN ports of fluidsynth.

You can now close Aconnectgui and rerun it. It will display three MIDI IN
connections for fluidsynth again, which is correct.

Is this truely a bug or am I missing out something? I think it is rather
annoying when testing MIDI stuff a lot. Aconnectgui ought to update the
connections in a more reliable way.

Thanks for any help and regards,
Crypto.