[LAU] Unable to launch jack with a FA-66

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Mon Sep 22 13:51:28 EDT 2008

Am Montag, 22. September 2008 schrieben Sie:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:
> > Probably the most common problem: /dev/raw1394 is not accessible by the
> > user...
> i tried to follow all kind of howtos. setting the proper permissions
> and adding the user to the proper group but with no result

Please post the output of "ls -la /dev/raw*" and "groups". And if that really
is okay, the next question is whether your kernel uses the old firewire-stack
or the new one...

> > PS: surely you want this to stay on the list?
> sorry i don t understand..

You started the thread on the lau-mailinglist, yet you keep answering only to
me in private. Unless you did that on purpose (for example if we are to
discuss very personal things) this is considered semi-bad because a) others
might be able to help where I can't and b) others might have the same problem
later on and see only your question in the archives but not the solution...

Have fun,

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/