[LAU] Unable to launch jack with a FA-66

simone-www.io-lab.org cimo75 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:17:11 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:02 PM, simone-www. io-lab. org
<cimo75 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 7:51 PM, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:
>>> i tried to follow all kind of howtos. setting the proper permissions
>>> and adding the user to the proper group but with no result
>>
>> Please post the output of "ls -la /dev/raw*" and "groups". And if that really
>> is okay, the next question is whether your kernel uses the old firewire-stack
>> or the new one...
>
> [io at localhost ~]$ ls -la /dev/raw*
> crw-rw-rw- 1 root audio 171, 0 2008-09-22 21:56 /dev/raw1394
> [io at localhost ~]$
> [io at localhost ~]$ groups
> io disk audio
>
> [io at localhost ~]$ testlibraw
> successfully got handle
> current generation number: 0
> 0 card(s) found

>>> sorry i don t understand..
>>
>> You started the thread on the lau-mailinglist, yet you keep answering only to
>> me in private. Unless you did that on purpose (for example if we are to
>> discuss very personal things) this is considered semi-bad because a) others
>> might be able to help where I can't and b) others might have the same problem
>> later on and see only your question in the archives but not the solution...
> oops sorry, sometime i forget that Gmail with this list won t direct
> correctly, my bad
>>
>> Have fun,
>>
>> Arnold
>> --
>> visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
>> ---
>> Hi, I am a .signature virus. Please copy me into your ~/.signature and send me
>> to all your contacts.
>> After a month or so log in as root and do a "rm -rf /". Or ask your
>> administrator to do so...

> --
> .wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
> accepted and/or viewed....

and some extra informations:
content of

-/etc/udev/rules.d/69-raw1394.rules

# Firewire
KERNEL=="dv1394*", SYMLINK+="dv1394/%n"
KERNEL=="video1394*", NAME="video1394/%n"
KERNEL=="raw1394*", GROUP="audio"

-/etc/udev/rules.d/40-permissions.rules

KERNEL=="raw1394", GROUP="audio"

-/etc/udev/rules.d/40-linux1394.rules