[LAU] Unable to launch jack with a FA-66

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Wed Sep 24 05:22:27 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 24. September 2008 schrieb simone-www.io-lab.org:
> thank you for your interest in this desperate case ;)
> yes everything is connected and powered on as supposed to be
> the only thing i come to think about is: i am using a PCMCIA card
> which has 3 ports but in Jack i don t have nay ohter choise than hw:0
> , that may be the symptom of an unrecognized device?

If your fw-card has three ports, there are two possibilities:
a) pass hw:X with X in {0,1,2} in the jackd-commandline
b) plug the fw-cable into all of the ports and test with each one (with jackd
on hw:0)...

> i haven t been able to compile gscanbus yet (probs with GTK)

Too bad. Why not use the one shipped by your distro?

Arnold
--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/
---