[LAU] Rosegarden crashes - anything obvious to look for?

Matthew Smith matt at smiffytech.com
Wed Sep 24 18:11:34 EDT 2008

Quoth David Baron at 2008-09-24 23:17...

> I too can not run rosegarden, for a while now, with a gold old 2.6.23-rt
> kernel. Are you running from KDE? Which KDE? This could be the problem. My
> question is why this program needs be dependent on KDE in the first place.

I'm not actually running KDE as my desktop environment.  I actually use
Fluxbox as my desktop environment but have KDE (3.5.9) because it
provides me with Konsole, which I consider to be the best terminal I
have ever used.

My next step - and certainly the one before I start trying to update KDE
- will be to build Rosegarden by hand and then throw any errors at the
rosegarden-users list, as (other) David suggests.

I also fail to see why this application is so entangled with KDE; after
all, it's Rosegarden, not Krosegarden ;-)  I believe that we should be
cutting as much bloat as possible from our environment when running
audio (or any other realtime) applications - KDE just doesn't figure in
this in my mind.

Cheers

Matthew Smith
Business: http://www.smiffytech.com/