[LAU] Rosegarden crashes - anything obvious to look for?

Emanuel Rumpf xbran at web.de
Thu Sep 25 09:27:43 EDT 2008

2008/9/24 David Baron <d_baron at 012.net.il>:
> Are you running from KDE? Which KDE? This could be the problem. My
> question is why this program needs be dependent on KDE in the first place.

Rosegarden 1.7.x uses the KDE API, version 3 and thus depends on it.
The rosegarden team is currently working on a Qt4 only port of rosegarden.
It's a difficult and errorsome process and might still require a lot
of months for a first beta release.

Anyway. With KDE 3 set up properly (not including the KDE desktop environment)
Rosegarden should work pretty well. (As it does here.)

In a debian distro, I would recommend to first enable source-packages
in /etc/apt/sources.list and do:
apt-get update
apt-get build-dep rosegarden

I don't know if there is a comparable command on gentoo.

Then compile rosegarden from source (is not that hard):
cmake .
make

Best luck
Emanuel