[LAU] csDrummer 20080926

Philippe Hezaine philippe.hezaine at free.fr
Fri Sep 26 07:55:10 EDT 2008

Schlagg a écrit :
> csDrummer: Record a drum session in a virtual studio
> Copyright (C) 2008 Schlagg
>
> csDrummer allows you to achieve same result as if you were recording a
> drum session in a real studio. Instruments are triggered by MIDI
> messages either real-time or from MIDI file. An audio stream formed for
> each instrument is routed to its own channel, thereby simulating a
> microphone record. Software uses sound morphing technology for
> interpolation between two layers of an instrument sampled with maximum
> and minimum hit force. This brings a much more realistic effect than
> switching between a number of separate layers. Each hit passes through
> humanizing filters which alter its force, morphing and time offset.
> Theese filters give an effect of a real human playing a drum set.
>
> All documentation, source code and distributives can be found at
> http://code.google.com/p/csdrummer

Hi all,

Formidable! Formidable!

I've just tested with csound 5.08 for now, and it works very well for a
start.
Here are some suggestions for improve your work as you want:

1)May be i'm wrong but it seems to me there is a typo in Drummer.orc here:

     Instrument
         p4 - Note
         p4 - Velocity

as below you find:

instr Instrument

     iNote = p4
     iVel = p5

2) i took the liberty of reordering the DrumKit.inc and add the
correspondence with Lilypond's symbols and GM Midi notes. (in attach)
Only because i've tested it with a Drummer's Free Art midi files.
Some samples are missing yet. Have you some difficulties about the
samples or is it only a question of time or something else?

Anyway, keep up this great work.
Many thanks.
--
   Phil.
Superbonus-Project (Site principal) <http://superbonus.project.free.fr>

Superbonus-Project (Plate-forme d'échange):
<http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr>