[LAU] csDrummer 20080926

Philippe Hezaine philippe.hezaine at free.fr
Fri Sep 26 17:19:03 EDT 2008

Schlagg a écrit :
> 2008/9/26 Emanuel Rumpf <xbran at web.de>:
>
>> Could there be a less disturbing way to run it, for those that don't
>> know csound ?
>> Something like
>>
>> csdrummer -o jack
>>
>> ...that would allow me to setup midi and audio connections with qjackctl ?
>
> It seems that you want to run it in realtime. I'm not sure that it
> will work. Morphing so much samples at the same time is a very greedy
> for CPU process. At least on my PC it doesn't work in realtime. But
> I'll think about an easy way to run it.
>
> For now if you still want to try you may use following command:
> csound -odac -+rtaudio=jack -M<MIDIInput> Drummer.orc
>
> Also you can look here for more options:
> http://www.csounds.com/manual/html/CommandFlagsCategory.html

I run:
without jack

csound -o dac:plughw:0 -+rtaudio=alsa -b248 -B2048 --midi-velocity=5 -F
/home/.../.../blabla.midi -T -d /home/.../csDrummer/Drummer.orc

with jack

  csound -o dac:alsa_pcm:playback_ -+rtaudio=jack -+rtmidi=alsa -M
hw:1,0 -b248 -B2048 --midi-velocity=5 -F /home/.../blabla.midi -T -d
/home/.../csDrummer/Drummer.orc

If it fails, at the end of the compile csound tells you what number you
can try for -b or -B

Also for some cards you must change the sr (sample rate) to 48000 in
Drummer.orc

HTH
--
   Phil.
Superbonus-Project (Site principal) <http://superbonus.project.free.fr>

Superbonus-Project (Plate-forme d'échange):
<http://philippe.hezaine.free.fr>