[LAU] PianoBooster 0.6.2 - See if you are playing ahead or behind the beat.

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Thu Apr 2 07:11:21 EDT 2009

This looks like a nice program. Problems with it are:

1. MUST piano be on 3 and 4. Let me choose so I can use any files I want. I
think I suggested this on the first version I tried.

2. I could presumably play with other instruments as well so an option to use
the "program" of the chosen tracks is certainly in order. (Now, the
combination confuses the program, it seems.) Ditto.

3. It is not playing a tempo, especially with larger multitrack MIDIs. OK, for
learning purposes, a two or three track MIDI is adequate, maybe even
preferable, but it should be possible for the program to play anything.

4. Video, with or without whatever "optimization" being offered, may be the
stumbling block. Scrolling a vertical bar over the music may be less demanding
than continuously scrolling the whole picture--this is how the vast majority
of these programs do this. Scroll the score with ONE redraw at end of current
view or one measure short of this is several are shown. Use hw-acceleration if
available.

5. To that end, a zoom in or out is in order.